On March 8, 1975, International Women’s Day, the Women’s Center, Inc. opened its doors at 808 Carolina Street in Melbourne, Florida, and on September 4, 1975, the Women’s Center became an authenticated non-profit organization.
The Women’s Center takes pride in its progressive
vision of women’s issues. It is a well-established, United Way agency
that has, since its inception,
consistently provided quality services to women and their families in Brevard County, Florida. Additionally, the Women’s Center partners with educational institutions in the community to provide learning opportunities for those clients interested in expanding their employment potential.
at 1425 Aurora Road, Melbourne, the Women’s Center is growing to be more
than just a warm inviting place for women in the community to go for
their counseling and supportive needs. During the past decade, the
Women’s Center has grown to become a multi-service agency dedicated to
providing comprehensive services to meet the needs of women and their families in crisis and transition. Services are designed to target the cause of the crisis, not just the symptoms.